The gym was all decorated and Devon just sat there for like 30 minutes in dead silence taking it all in. When he finally decided to voice his thoughts on what he was seeing he pointed to a large inflatable spider and said, "Scary!"
Devon participated in the cake walk to win a cupcake. However, it made him really mad that we had to step on the numbers because then he couldn't tell me what number it was. Above shows him eating his cupcake sitting on the stage. Brant and Ashley kept asking if they could have a bite of his cupcake, his response, "NO!". Eventually, I ate the cupcake after he had eaten all of the frosting off. I don't think anyone else could stomach eating something that he had been licking for 15 minutes.
Always a ham! I put Devon up on the stage to take a picture of him by the head stone and put his hands under his chin and gave me that adorable little smile. After we ate there was still quite a bit of time for the kids to do the games. Well, Aslan took off and had a blast playing the different games and going through the haunted house. So I am lacking in pictures of him. Devon played a couple of games and then got bored. He was a karate kid for Halloween, and is obsessed with all things karate. So in between the isles of chairs he started showing us karate moves. So so funny.


So like I said, I am seriously lacking in pictures of Aslan. This is one I did have. I am not quite sure what is up with the look on his face. But this was taken during the parade through the gym before heading out to the parking lot for the Trunk-Or-Treat portion on the night.
Brant was standing ready to take a picture as Devon and I came around a corner in the parade. Devon wasn't quite sure what was going on, We are super lucky he was looking at the picture!
Awww....Such sweet boys. Aslan was great at the trunk or treating. He has it down. Devon however, was not quite sure about the whole thing. When we got to a trunk and I told him to say Trunk-Or-Treating, and all he would say was tck,tck. But he did have the thank you part down. As soon as the candy landed in his bucket he would loudly say, "thank you!". We got to one trunk and there was a large mummy decoration standing there. Well that man put the piece of candy in Devon's bucket and Devon promptly said, "thank you!", the man replied with "Your Welcome." Well Devon looked up at the mummy decoration and tapped it on the leg and yelled, "Thank you other guy!" Ha, ha, ha. It was a wonderful night and the kids were so much!
1 comment:
AWESOME!!! They had SUCH a great time! You and Brandt are THE BEST. We love ya'll so much and we are so blessed to have you close by.
Post a Comment