Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Injury, The Job, and The Hair Cut

WOW!  What a week!  When it rains it pours.

First, with the INJURY!  Last Sunday Brant and I went to the beach....ok ya probably not the best thing we could have done on a Sunday but we were enjoying God's earth right..... Ok that is a whole different topic.  Well, while we were at the beach Brant was skim-boarding and really enjoying himself.  Well, I was watching him and he went down kind of funny and when he came up he was white.  "I hurt my ankle!"  Well, I did not even have to ask which ankle he hurt because I could immediately see that one had a spot about 1 to 1/2 inches poking out.  Well, I got him up to the sand  and ran out to the car to take him to the doctor.  I am sure that it was very entertaining to see me 5'2 trying to help Brant who is 6' and 230 pounds out to the car.  Well every Urgent Care in the area was closed.  So we got home and looked at it and decided we should go to the Emergency Room.  I was pretty convinced that it was broken.  Well after about 3 hours in the Emergency Room at several X-Rays later we found out it was just a moderate sprain.  He is on crutches for 3-6 weeks.
This is a week after the injury, the swelling has gone down and the bruising is worse.
This was about 2 days after he sprained it.
This is about 3 minutes after I got him up the beach. 
The JOB!  Brant has been working at a car shop for a little over a year it hasn't always been the best job but it is income right?  Well, on Tuesday night he looked at his phone and realized that the shop had called him and asked him to call the manager at home.  SO Brant called him at home and was informed that he was being laid off.  It was clear out of the blue I mean there have been times that we were sure they were going to fire him but nothing ever happened.

The HAIRCUT!  Well, if you didn't already know this about me when I get stressed out I cut my hair.  So after I found out that Brant lost his job on Tuesday night I went kind of crazy.  Cried for a really long time and then decided to cut my hair.  My hair had grown out to about the middle of my back and spent a lot of time in a ponytail anyway because of the heat.  So Brant and I got busy and cut it.... Not the worst hair cut I have ever had.  I really like it short and know I only need like 15 minutes to do it.

Well that is our update.  Just more craziness and excitement.  Things never stand still.

2 comments:

Samantha Tingey said...

Oh Rachel! What a week! I am glad you are both fine, despite a few unpleasant events! I love your hair, it is SUPER cute! I'll keep you guys in my prayers! Love ya!

MagDalene said...

Sorry Brant hurt his ankle and got laid off. Sometimes things come at you in groups. Hope he is feeling better. Now he has more time to find that perfect job. Love you both.