Monday, October 31, 2011

Going Away Festivities

 Well, when my friends found out that I was moving to Utah my date book began filling up.  My first big night was on the 17th, my co-workers and I went out to dinner and a karoke club after finishing up our tax deadline.  

The whole office gang at Wing Stop.
I loved the karoke club it was just a single room that we could rent per hour and it was just our group.  It was a blast!!!  :) 
Renate and I sang "On the Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga to start off the night.

Mary and Patty singing "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.

"Dancing Queen"
 Karoke night was a complete blast and we sang our hearts out.  Including "I will survive," you have never heard "I will survive" sung until you have heard it sung by a bunch of tired over worked women.  LOL!

The next day brought lunch with my girlfriends from work Mary and Kristin.  It was really nice!  It is always fun talking with them and joking around.  
Lunch with Mary and Kristin
 On Thursday I went to lunch with my friend Mary.  She is one of the neatest people I have ever met.  She is so nice and kind.  We went and walked around the Newport Beach Temple grounds and discussed religion, a common topic between the two of us.  After walking around the grounds we went over to Islands for burgers.   
Mary and I at the Newport Beach Temple.
 Well...soon my last day rolled around!  It was sad and nerve racking to be leaving a place that I enjoyed to work at and leave all my friends and co-workers.  
A couple of members of the administrative team, Cassandra, myself, and Patty.
 On Saturday night we went out with our adopted family.  :)  I was a nanny for Dalena and Rob Benavente in October of 2009.  Soon we adopted them as our family away from our family.  They and their children became the people we did Thanksgiving, Christmas, and birthdays with.  We will miss them a lot and already do.
Dinner with the Benaventes

Dalena and I

Aslan, Devon and I.  I love these kids!  :)
There were plenty of other goodbyes said,dinners and actvities.  These were just a few.  I am going to miss my friends and life in California but we are so excited for this next chapter in our life.  We are calling it our "Life Chapter of Awesomeness."  

No comments: