Sunday, April 15, 2012

Our Home

Well, we bought our house over a month ago.  It wonderful!  We are settling down in Springville, UT.  It is a cute red brick home.  We have 1/3 of an acre yard and have plenty of plans for it.  Brant is already busy making a "pump track" for his bike in the backyard.  I am starting to plot where my garden will be this summer.  It has been so nice to get back into yard work.  We come home from work at least twice a week and work out there until the sun goes down.  We have gorgeous tulips in the front yard, the previous owner never pulled out their bulbs, which is great because if they had our yard would look pretty bare.

The house is zoned half commercial which is nice because there is a separate entrance to Brant's office.  So if he wants to start freelancing and have a studio, people won't have to walk through my house.  We have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, a sitting room, a family room, Brant's studio, and laundry/storage room.  We have pretty much no furniture in the house, it is quite empty.  We have our bed, a couple of chairs, a table and a recliner that used to be in my parents home when I was a little girl.  We are slowly picking up pieces of furniture from family and I am sure until there is money to get new pieces I will be going yard selling this year.

We have no blinds, so I made a bunch of curtains out of sheets.  We have a variety of colored curtains, in the front room we have a white with red flowers, in the kitchen we have 70's fabric orange and yellow, in our bedroom we have bright blue curtains.  It will be fun to pick colors for each room and start designing it the way we want but for now we have a very Willy Wonka feel.

I have been quite busy and I am not unpacked all the way.  Which is completely embarrassing but I have been working two jobs and have barely been getting the laundry done.  I still need to unpack my office/craft room and hang all our pictures on the wall.  Hence, why I have no pictures of the inside because it is still a battle zone but I will soon.

We, at least I, feel really old and grown up in our new home.  OUR HOME, someday we will completely own it!

2 comments:

MagDalene said...

Rachel...I love the updates. You are such a busy girl, it is a wonder that you have time to do anything on our new home. I hope I can come and see it sometime when I am in Utah. Love you dear, Maggie

Erin said...

I didn't know you were so close to us. We're in Provo and my sister, Jaime, and her family are in Springville. Cool!