Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Update

Well it is time again for another update.  We have had a lot go on in the last couple of months.

Brant dug down to the main line.
 A couple of weeks ago we noticed that there was a wet spot in the carpet in Brant's office.  We called our Home Warranty people and they sent out someone to look at it.  The repair guy cut a small hole in the wall and then continued to cut the full length of Brant's office.  He looked around at a couple of things and then decided that the main line from the meter into the house was leaking.  He said that the warranty would not cover the pipe and neither would our insurance. We waited a while trying to figure out where to go from here.  We were told that it would probably cost a couple of thousand to get it fixed.  We decided to have a second opinion on what was going on but the warranty people were having a hard time getting someone to come out.  Brant decided to try to dig down to the main line, he made in really far down.  Meanwhile, our amazing Realtor called us and had found out who had helped with some of the plumbing in the house.  He came out and looked at it and decided that the sink was leaking not the main line.  Sure enough he fixed it and the meter quit running like it had been.  Now we just have to get the Home Warranty people to fix the sheet rock and damage they did in Brant's office.  Brant had to fill in the hole that he dug for no reason.

Brant's Office
 We have a garden going this year.  I really hope that things continue to come up.  I think that we have had a deer eating some of the plants that have come up.  I will go out there one day and something will be coming up, the next it is gone.  Well last week I went into the backyard and there was a deer just a couple of feet away from me.  We also have some grape vines in the back yard and there are lots of little grape bunches.

Our Garden
 One of the things Brant was looking for in a house when we were getting ready to buy was a place where he can make a pump track for his bike in the back yard.  Well it is all finished now and he is really happy to be able to ride back there.  Unfortunately, it has been so hot that he hasn't done much riding.
Brant's Pump Track
 I have been staying really busy.  I have joined a sewing group.  I sew every week with my friend Julianne and her mother, who is an amazing seamstress.  I made the apron in the picture below.  I have been baking, as always, lately.  I have become quite amazing at pie crusts and can make them really fast.

Fun apron (I Made)
Time is flying here... I will try to update again soon.

3 comments:

Julie L said...

Rachel, I need to get your address! Are you still in Lehi or did you migrate closer to work? So crazy about the house issues. Wow - all that for a leaking sink.

Grandma Vicki said...

Rache,l thanks for the update and pictures. We have been worrying for you (so you didn't need to) and wishing we were closer with enough time to help. I am glad you found the real problem and that it was lots less of an issue. You two take care and love ya lots.

Grandma Vicki said...

Rache,l thanks for the update and pictures. We have been worrying for you (so you didn't need to) and wishing we were closer with enough time to help. I am glad you found the real problem and that it was lots less of an issue. You two take care and love ya lots.