Dear Family & Friends,
Merry Christmas! We hope that our letter finds you all healthy and happy. 2012 was another exciting year for the Hansen Family. We hope that you had as much joy, success, and fun as we did.
Brant is still working at Kaleidoscope Pictures and is grateful for the opportunity to work in his field. It is nice to see him really enjoy his work. His education has really come in handy and he is very successful since he knows the software so well.
He is still staying busy riding his mountain bike. He has gotten to know a group of guys that he has taken a couple of road trips with. He went to Moab in the spring and loved riding his bike there. He went to Red Bull Rampage in Virgin Utah this fall and absolutely loved it.
I started a new job in January at Subrogation Division, Inc., the company is a third party administrator to insurance companies. I am an administrator there for 6 adjusters and it keeps me on my toes. It has been interesting to learn a new industry. In October I had the opportunity to go to a convention in Las Vegas. It was a great experience. I am currently studying to take my insurance adjuster exam and hope to take the next adjuster position that becomes available.
I am still busy with sewing and have had the awesome opportunity to be part of a sewing group almost once a week, work and life permitting. I have learned a lot of new ways to do things and enjoy chatting with the women. I have finished a couple of projects and started many others, needless to say my unfinished project list is growing.
In March we bought our first home! It is orange brick 2,000 square feet with a yard that is a 1/3 of an acre. We are still getting the house put together there is always something to do, sew curtains, rake leaves, water the lawn….etc. We planted a little garden this year. Our pepper plants did well but everything else was eaten by deer when it came up. This I know for a fact because one day I went into the back yard to check on the garden and sure enough there was a deer right there.
We now have two cats,
Jack and Ninja. Ninja is our latest
addition she is really wild and eats paper and steals things like my eyeliner
and craft supplies. But it makes life
really fun and there is always something going on. Jack is as sweet and loving as usual. He is happy to have a friend around.
We feel very blessed to
have had such a great year. We are
grateful for your love and friendship. Have
a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.
Love,
Brant
& Rachel Hansen


1 comment:
Rachel, this is a sweet update. I felt bad we missed you and/or Brant the other day - thanks for taking the time to drop the gifts off! Sounds like your life is very busy and things are going wonderfully well for you. Deer and gardens are not good combinations. Wish I had some advice on that. Hopefully they'll move on to someone else's garden this spring ... if the snow ever melts.
Post a Comment