Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunshine & Summertime

Wow!  I can not believe that I haven't updated our blog since Christmas time.  Needless to say we have been really busy.

We have really been enjoying living in Utah!  I was able to go home for Mother's Day this year and be with my Mom.  It was fun for all 3 of us kids to be home.  I have been able to have Kyle and Chelsea over for a weekend.  My Mom and Chelsea were able to come and have a sewing weekend with me.  It was really fun to take a day off of work and make maxi skirts together.  We have decided we should do weekends together more often.

Work for Brant is going really well.  He received a promotion and is now an editor.  We are grateful that he is he able to work for a company that appreciates him and the abilities he has.

I am going to start a new job tomorrow at our sister company.  I will be working there as an insurance adjuster.  It is a great opportunity and I will be making more money.

We have decided to start looking into adoption.  We haven't had any luck getting pregnant and think it might be time to start looking into having a family another way.  We have looked into international adoption and would love to adopt from the Congo but the cost is really high.  We will be going to a a seminar for adoption through LDS Family Services to get more information in a week.

I have now been the 1st Counselor in the Young Women's presidency for a month.  It has been a really enjoyable experience.  I have been really busy with all of the planning and meetings.  I love the young women they are amazing.  The leaders I work with are so neat and I am looking forward to becoming better friends with them.

Our garden is growing really well.  I have peppers, tomatoes and yellow squash growing.  I am really excited to be able to eat the fresh vegetables.  



 I have planted some sunflowers and they are starting to get really tall.  It will be fun when they are all in bloom.

 Our grapes are doing really well and have started to turn purple.  They are not sweet yet but soon they will be and it will time to make grape juice.
 We had a funny strip of lawn in front of our fence and decided to dig it up.  I planted red fountain grass and it is doing really well.


 Brant really needed a truck for all of his mountain bike trips so we looked around for one and found one he wanted.  We bought a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche and have really enjoyed it.
So we are doing really well.  Things are busy and we are getting excited for Halloween!  Hopefully I will update again soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, looks like everything is going great for you two. You have been a busy girl this year. We need to get together soon. Love the post and update.

Kaity said...

Holy smokes, looks like you guys have been busy! I love what you've done with that weird strip of grass outside your house, it looks so great!